Monday 26 September 2011

A Runny Mess

Juliet had a busy weekend and so today we're just being lazy and staying in.  Right now as I type she's napping on our bed and I'm sitting on the bed typing.  She's a pretty good sleeper at night but daytime naps are another story.  For instance, today she would only be able to fall asleep for 2 or 3 minutes at a time unless I was holding her.  Then I found that I didn't have to be actually holding her - I could lay next to her or even sit beside her on the bed, and she would be fine.  So that's what I'm doing now.

Anyhow, on to what we were up to on the weekend.  On Saturday, Leo, Juliet and I did a little shopping at Dixie Outlet Mall (I got some yoga pants) and Babies R US (we got breathable bumpers for J's crib).  Later on, Leo made plans to go out with his friends so I decided to take Juliet to grandma's for dinner and a sleep over.  Juliet and grandma spent some quality time together and grandma took her for a walk.
Grandma took this picture while playing with Juliet.  She showed Juliet how to grab onto little hanging toys and Juliet learned quickly.

On Sunday, we went to our friends Chrissy and Trevor's house for a little dinner party with another couple.  It was great to catch up with everyone and Chrissy was very good with Juliet.  She was a little awkward the first time she held Juliet, but that was when Juliet was only a week old so it is understandable.  But this time, Chrissy was talking and playing with Juliet and seemed much more comfortable.


BEFORE - Chrissy with Juliet when Juliet was a week old.  Sort of awkward (sorry, Chrissy!).  Also look how different Juliet looks!
AFTER - look how great Chrissy is with Juliet now.

Juliet sits on Leo's lap at the dinner party.
Oh ya!  I almost forgot - I made an apple pie for the first time EVER using Leo's nana's recipe.  I brought the finished product to the dinner party.  Those of you that are long time readers of this blog know that a couple of months ago I visited Leo's nana to learn how she makes her famous apple pie and date squares.  So, how how did it turn out?  Well, I don't eat apple pie, so I can't say for sure.  But I'm told it tasted good even though it looked like an absolute disaster.  It looked OK until we cut into it, at which point it just dissolved into a runny mess.  If anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this problem, please leave me a note in the comments.
I bet you guys thought 'A Runny Mess' refered to a Juliet diaper disaster.  Ha ha, I tricked you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment