Wednesday 7 September 2011

Oma, I can fly!

Yesterday, Juliet and I drove to Oma's for a little visit.  Juliet was pretty good on the drive but was a little fussy for the last 20 minutes or so.  I don't think there's anything more frustrating than to be driving with a crying baby in the back seat where there's not much you can do to calm them.  I know Juliet likes it when we sing to her so when she started crying I cranked up the music - The Killers' Somebody Told Me - and sang really loud to her.  For some reason, it worked.  Turns out she likes really bad, loud singing.

Once we got to Oma's, we spent the afternoon and evening playing with Juliet.  It's only been a month since Oma has seen Juliet but she says that Juliet has changed quite a bit - she's a lot stronger and more mature.  She can bear a lot of weight on her legs and holds up her head really well.  She even flipped from her back to her front for Oma and Aunt Laura.  Of course, I was in the other room and missed it!  The elusive flip...at least for me.  I still haven't seen it actually happen - I've just seen the before and after positions.



Anyone with a 4-month old baby knows it's a challenge to capture a great smile on film, but Chris got this great shot of me and Juliet:
Happiest baby on the block.

No comments:

Post a Comment