Friday 16 September 2011

The Not-so-elusive Flip

I finally saw Juliet flip over today!  I had put her on her back on her playmat thingy and walked away for like 5 minutes and when I came back to check on her, she had flipped onto her tummy.  Once again, I thought to myself that I was never going to actually see it happen, but when I put her on her back again, right away she flipped over.  So I did it again and again, and each time she flipped for me!  Yay!
"What?  This is what you were waiting for me to do???  It's so easy I could have done it in my sleep."
I wasn't sure what her technique for flipping was, but here's what she does: from her back, she wants to play with her toes so she brings her feet to her mouth.  This makes her off-balance, so she ends up on her side which she then rolls over onto her tummy.  So, I'm not sure it's totally intentional, but whatever!  At least she can do it and I have finally seen it for myself. :)

Other than that exciting news, yesterday grandpa and Aunt Shona invited us to the annual corn roast at this club that they belong to.  We took Juliet along and just put her in the carrier.  She ended up falling asleep in it while I ate my corn.  She was very well behaved and let random ladies and a little girl hold her.
"Zzzzzzzz"
And I totally forgot to mention in my blog update a few days ago that Juliet had her 4-month check up and vaccinations at the doctor last week.  So, as of last Friday (exactly 4 months old), Juliet was 13 pounds 12 ounces and was 62.5 centimetres long.  Apparently, those both put her in the 50th percentile.  She cried when she got her shots - especially the second one which was for pneumonia - but there were no real adverse effects except for a small bump on her leg at the site of the injection.

No comments:

Post a Comment