Tuesday 20 September 2011

Mommy Group

Today, Juliet and I attended a local mommy group for the first time.  Normally I would have thought this type of thing would be lame, but this particular group seemed interesting.  Each week they have a speaker of some sort to teach you something (e.g. make your own baby food) and then the second part of the class is some kind of interactive activity with your baby.  For the first class, the interactive part was singing and playing with your baby, which we all know Juliet loves.  There were only about 6 of us in the group, so it's a nice small group where you can easily interact with everyone.  Even though all we did today was go to the mommy group, somehow it seemed to take up the entire day.  Oh, the joys of being off work. 

I remember my friend Dave told me about his friend who was living in the US while his wife went to school there and he couldn't legally work for a year or so.  His take on unemployment was that you can take the smallest outing, errand, etc. and make it into your day.  Need to go to the post office?  That's your day.  Need to pick up some dry cleaning?  That's your day.  That's what I find myself doing with Juliet - picking an outing each day and making it a day.  It seems to work for us in terms of getting out of the house and feeling at least somewhat productive.
Juliet was awake and alert for the whole class but fell asleep at the end.

The donut came in handy as Juliet laid down on it while I sang to her.  Then she fell asleep on it at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment