Thursday 17 November 2011

Solid Foods

Yesterday I tried my hand at making some homemade baby food for Juliet.  It was fairly simple - I just baked some carrots (along with a little ginger and olive oil) and a sweet potato and then used an electric blender until it was smooth.

Juliet seemed to like the carrots (I haven't tried her on the ones with ginger & olive oil - just some plain ones to start) and ate them readily.  However, I'm not sure they agreed with her - I don't want to get too graphic but the contents of her diaper weren't so nice - so we're going to hold off solid foods for a few days until things calm down.
I let Juliet think that she helped make the baby food, but truthfully she just slowed me down. :)  I bought some cute little containers to freeze all the food I made.  Also, I know it's past Halloween, but I really like that sleeper!
Today was a busy day.  Juliet, grandpa and I went over to the US to pick up a ceiling fan for our new house.  We bought it from Home Depot (the US site) but they wouldn't ship internationally, so we had it shipped to a warehouse just on the other side of the border and then went and picked it up.  This is the first time we've tried this and it worked marvelously so we will likely buy a lot of stuff for our house that way. 

Juliet was a little cranky in the car (it was a 2hr drive) and so grandpa had to entertain her - it was quite endearing.  The funniest part was when she started to get REALLY cranky and so I just said, "we'll put on her favourite song" and as soon as I did (The Killers' "Somebody Told Me"), she totally stopped complaining and grandpa was surprised that it worked.  We're not sure why she loves that song, but she does.

No comments:

Post a Comment