Thursday 10 November 2011

LLL

Today was quite the busy day for me and Juliet.  In the morning, we went to a La Leche League meeting.  For those of you who aren't familiar with La Leche League, it's an organization of breastfeeding mothers that get together regularly to discuss and support breastfeeding.  Leo asked me why I was going to the meeting since I seem to have breastfeeding down at this point.  I wanted to go to the meeting for two reasons - now that Juliet has teeth, I wanted to get advice on what to do when she inevitably bites me, and also I wanted to discuss the introduction of solid foods with the other mothers.

So anyway, it was a good meeting and I got some good ideas and advice from the other moms.  There's another mom that goes to the group that has a baby 1 day younger than Juliet and that baby also has a milk protein intolerance, so I got some tips from her too.  Here's a picture of Juliet with one of the group's leaders:
Juliet: "That hair is just too tempting to resist.  I don't care that it belongs to the daughter of the LLL Leader."
After the meeting, Juliet and I went to Pain Perdu, a local french bakery (which, if you read this blog regularly, know is one of my weaknesses).  I had a baguette with ham and, of course, a pain au chocolat.

After lunch, I went to visit my friend Sylwia and we went for a lovely walk in a big park near her house.  Afterwards, we went back to her house and got caught up and then staged an impromptu photo shoot with the babes.  It was really fun as the babies are now at the age where they have sort of started interacting rather than just paying attention to the moms.
Gabriel and Juliet are clearly buds.

Gabriel: "Oh, just a sec - you got a little schmutz on your face, Juliet"
Sylwia holds the two babies.

1 comment:

  1. no one wants to have their picture taken with "schmutz" on their face

    ReplyDelete