Monday 7 November 2011

Packing, Packing, Packing

This past weekend we spent nearly the whole weekend packing for our upcoming move.  I can't believe we move 3 weeks from tomorrow!  It's funny - when packing you come across random items that you've nonsensically kept for many years.  For example, I found the receipt for the TV purchased by my parents in 1993!  Why did I keep it all these years?  I don't know.  I also found that we have like 50 mugs, despite the fact that only 2 adults live here and one of them does not drink hot beverages.  Needless to say, we have lots of stuff to give to Goodwill.

Juliet was really good while we were packing.  Leo and I essentially took turns amusing her while the other packed.  We got into such a groove of packing, we almost packed Juliet!
On Sunday night, we were feeling lazy and didn't feel like cooking, so Leo picked up some Swiss Chalet.  When he was done with one of the plastic containers, he started tapping it with his fingertips like a drum to amuse Juliet.  Juliet was watching him intently.  Then he put her fingers on the container and started tapping them to the beat.  She loved this game.
P.S. Sleep training is going pretty well - tonight she went to bed with no crying for the first time!

3 comments:

  1. Comment One - I love this blog. On a crappy day (like today) I read the blog and my world just gets better.
    Comment Two - let me know when you want me to come paint your new house.... thats right everyone else reading my comments, I volunteer my painting services because I actually enjoy painting.
    Comment Three - why, oh why, give items to Goodwill when you have a poor sister(-in-law) due to being in school her entire life??? Just saying... donations are always accepted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the Sleep Training - although it took us a short amount of time, it was really traumatic (on the parents).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, sleep training is definitely traumatic on the parents, but seems to be worth it!

    Paula:
    1-I'm always happy to hear this blog brings a smile to someone's day - thanks!
    2-The paining party is Nov 22-23 and we'd love some help. Anyone else reading this, you're invited, too :)
    3-Let me know what kind of stuff you need and we'll put it aside.

    ReplyDelete