Thursday 3 November 2011

Mirror, Mirror in the Book

Last night Leo and I finally got to the point where we let Juliet cry herself to sleep.  It was very tough but she hasn't been sleeping well at all lately and has become completely dependent on one of us to either feed her or rock her to sleep.  Furthermore, if she wasn't in a deep sleep, she would just wake up as soon as we put her in her crib.  So last night we decided to put her in her crib while she was sleepy but still awake, and let her cry and hope that she would put herself to sleep.

It was very tough - she cried for 25 minutes - but eventually went to sleep.  We thought she might only be down for an hour or two - most of the time lately she only sleeps for 3-4 hour stretches at night - but last night she ended up sleeping 10.5 hours in a row which is the most she's ever slept in one stretch.  So, although it was difficult to do as parents, I think in the end she ended up being more well rested.  She even napped much better today which was surprising since she slept so much at night.

Anyhow, on to the fun stuff...

Today Juliet and I attended a pilates class.  It was my first time ever going to one, so I didn't know what to expect, but turns out it's a lot like yoga.  I like yoga better.  Juliet was really good, though.  The baby next to us screamed the whole time.  Not like a scream cry - screaming was just this baby's version of babbling.  I was happy that Juliet's coos are a lot more peaceful!

I thought I'd make this picture black and white to be more artistic :)
Later on this afternoon while I was making dinner, Juliet was playing with her little book that has a mirror and she noticed herself and just stared at the mirror.  It's the first time she's done this - it was really cute.  Then she started licking the reflection of herself in the mirror - it was so funny!


P.S. Juliet flipped from her tummy to her back several times today.  I'm not sure she meant to do it - it just sort of happened when she was trying to pull herself towards a toy - but at least we know she can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment