Wednesday 31 August 2011

Eat Your Veggies

I tried to get Juliet to prove that she could flip onto her tummy again today but it didn't work.  Oh, well.  She slept really well last night.

Today we had a great day - Juliet was easy going and didn't complain as I dragged her around town.  First we went to Bayview and went to a couple of my favourite bakeries.  We bought chocolate chip cookies from Epi and cinnamon scones from Cobs.  Then we went to Loblaws to check out the Joe Fresh baby clothes and then to Winners to look at their baby clothes, but we left empty handed from both stores.  While we were out, many strangers spoke to us which is truly one of the weirdest things about having a baby.  People will just talk to you about your baby - how old they are, what their name is, are they a good baby, etc.  I'm used to just minding my own business and, you know, not talking to strangers, so for me it is still an odd experience.

Here we are at Epi.  Juliet was like, "Mom, can I have a chocolate croissant?" 
As many of you know, Juliet seems to have some kind of intolerance to cow's milk so I have been avoiding dairy for the past couple of months.  When we got home from running errands today, I needed a snack and so I made this:
Looks like a grilled cheese, right?  Well, not really - the cheese is veggie cheese, which, for those of you that know me should realize is the last thing I would ever eat.  I'm not exactly sure how they made cheese out of vegetables.  But I'm trying to be flexible and eat things that obviously won't harm Juliet so I thought I'd try it.  It was...not good.  But I ate it anyway.  I guess this is what people mean when they talk about the sacrifices a parent makes for their child.

No comments:

Post a Comment