Thursday 18 August 2011

Take Your Baby To Work Day Part 2

Today my work was having an all-day seminar on Creativity and Innovation.  I wasn't required to go - I am on mat leave, after all - but I thought it would be a good idea for me to go so that my colleagues don't forget about me.  Trouble is, Juliet is currently only breastfed - we had never given her a bottle.  Grandma kindly agreed to babysit for the day but we needed to teach Juliet how to take a bottle. 

Long story short...2 weeks, 5 types of bottles, and many attempts later, we still remained unsuccessful.  Juliet just doesn't know what to do with the bottle - most of the time she will not even open her mouth up to take in the nipple.  And then she just starts crying.

So, I had all but given up on going to my work seminar but Juliet's grandma suggested that she and Juliet go with me to work and stay close by and I could come feed Juliet during the breaks.  So that's what we did and it worked out well.  Thanks, grandma, for allowing me the opportunity to go to work (never thought I'd say that!).
Look how happy Juliet was to be at work!

1 comment: