Friday 27 April 2012

Three

Juliet and I had a very busy day today.  This morning I had another physio appointment and this time I took Juliet with me.  I'm going to physio because I have De Quervain syndrome - another name for it is Mommy Thumb.  Basically, I have been picking up Juliet improperly by putting too much of her weight on my thumbs whenever I pick her up under her arms.  Over time, this has caused a sort of tendinitis in my right thumb.  Anyhow, at my initial appointment earlier in the week, the physiotherapist said that I could bring Juliet with me for our appointments and so today we tried it out.  I figured it would be a lot easier on all of us if Juliet was napping while at the appointment, so I left 25 minutes early and drove around trying to get Juliet to sleep...but of course it didn't work.  So while I was getting treated (which involved acupuncture!) Juliet was crawling around on the exam room floor, trying to get into everything.  It was more scary for me than her because there were times I thought she was going to pull at my acupuncture needles while they were still in my arm!  Ouch!

Juliet's nap schedule got thrown off by going to this appointment, so she only had one nap today but surprisingly wasn't overly cranky because of it.  During the afternoon we ran a bunch of errands - we went to Winners to get some additional bum cloths, grocery shopping, Epi for a donut, Bagel House for some bagels, and to Scholar's Choice to get a birthday present for Juliet's buddy Gabriel.  Look how happy she was when picking out Gabriel's gift:  (Gabriel, if you're reading this, don't look at the picture if you want to be surprised at your party tomorrow!)
Happy Birthday, Gabe the Babe!
Tonight for the first time we gave Juliet some cow's milk (homo milk) to try.  She seemed sort of confused after tasting it, but she drank some more so she definitely didn't hate it.  Although I plan on continuing to breastfeed her in the mornings and at night once she goes to daycare, she will need to drink something other than water while at daycare, so we decided to try cow's milk.  I'd love to be able to give her pumped breastmilk but my supply has decreased so much (because she's taken to solids so well) that pumping is becoming increasingly difficult and time consuming.  Every night I've been pumping for half an hour only to get 1.5 or 2 ounces of breastmilk.  So anyhow, hopefully the cow's milk will work for her/us.  Knock on wood - her intolerance for dairy seems to be over for now - I've been drinking milk all week and we haven't seen any symptoms in Juliet.  But obviously we'll be keeping a close eye on her tomorrow after having the cow's milk today.

No comments:

Post a Comment