Tuesday 10 April 2012

Finger Foods

It’s been a while since my last update so once again there’s lots to catch up on.  Juliet and I have had a tough 3 weeks as we both were quite sick with a bad cold – mine turned into bronchitis and Juliet just had a really bad cold.  This is the most sick Juliet has been – there was one night where she was so lethargic that it was quite scary.  She was just laying down on my chest (not sleeping, her eyes were open) when Leo had come home from work and she didn’t even lift her head to give him a smile.  It was very sad.  We probably would have taken her to the hospital (being overprotective first time parents and all) but I had just taken her to the doctor that day and the doctor advised us to wait it out and she would likely get better on her own. 

Slowly but surely, Juliet has been getting better although she still has a slight lingering cough.  We resumed most of our activities (swimming, playgroup) last week and Juliet seems much happier now that she’s busy again.
"Hello, blog fans.  I was sick but I'm feeling much better now."
During part of the time that we were sick, we had a visit from Oma, Chris, and Aunt Laura (coincidentally, Aunt Paula had visited separately the day before they came).  They helped out again with our house – working in the yard, putting up curtains, changing the switch plates.   Juliet tried to help but she’s not much of a handywoman (yet)!  Leo and Aunt Laura took Juliet to music class and it was the first class of the new session, so they didn't know any of the songs.
"I'm not really helping but I like being up on this ladder with dad!"

Apparently, Juliet has said something shocking to Oma.
Speaking of our house, the house next door to our house was sold to a builder before we moved in.  The house next door is (was) a small bungalow, so we knew it wouldn’t be too long before it was torn down and an infill put in.  Well, the tear down process started yesterday, and today there’s no house left.  I took this picture yesterday…Juliet and I went out to get a few groceries and when we came back, the house next door was half gone! 
Surprisingly, Juliet has been able to nap through the noise next door.  I just turn the white noise machine way up and then nothing seems to bother her!  Not sure that will be the case once they start hammering at 7am each morning...
Last weekend, Grandpa and Aunt Shona came to visit Juliet and they were impressed with her new skill.  More and more, Juliet now prefers to eat “adult” food rather than her baby food, and has learned to finger-feed herself with a good degree of success.  She still misses her mouth about 20% of the time, but she seems to much prefer this to mushy baby food!
"Stop tickling me, grandpa!"
"Yes, I am feeding these Cheerios to myself.  How impressed are YOU?"
And finally, I have a nice picture of me and Juliet – I’m normally the photographer so there aren’t too many pictures of the two of us, so I really like this one – I may frame it.

No comments:

Post a Comment