Tuesday 24 April 2012

Six More Days

Since I only have a week left with Juliet before she's in daycare, I'm going to try to do a blog post every day so that our last week together is well-documented.  Yes, I suppose I'm getting a bit melodramatic about the whole thing, but she's our baby - I can't help it!

Today we went to Juliet's swimming class in the morning.  Juliet was a little clingy - sometimes she gets like that in the pool - but she did well and had no problems being dunked under water.  There are some older kids in the class (maybe they're close to 2?) and they cry every time they're dunked, so I was thankful that we started Juliet in swimming lessons so early.

After we came home and had lunch, we headed out for a walk and dropped by Juliet's daycare to hand in some paperwork.  While I was there, I asked to see the room she'll be in and I met a couple of her teachers and a few of the other babies.  As soon as I introduced Juilet, the teachers recognized her name and knew she was the one starting next week, so I'm glad they'll be ready for her.

I realized that I won't be breastfeeding Juliet during the day as of next week, so I made a conscious effort not to breastfeed her today.  It was going well until about 6pm when she started just getting cranky and restless.  She had just woken from a nap and had eaten fairly well today, so I knew that wasn't the problem, so I ended up just breastfeeding her.  We'll try again tomorrow :)

When Leo came home, the 3 of us went to a local fish and chip restaurant for dinner.  The funny thing is that we tried to go last week but when we drove by, the line was out the door so we had given up.  I thought we'd try to go tonight since it's a Tuesday and it shouldn't have been too busy, but we still ended up waiting 15 minutes for a table.  Juliet charmed everyone else in line while we were waiting - seriously, I think about 10 different groups/couples smiled with her and interacted with her.  That's been one of the biggest eye openers for me in terms of having a baby - they really bring pleasure to people, and strangers will just start talking to you just because you have a baby.  Anyhow, we finally got a table and after Juliet had her dinner (corn and rice), Leo fed her some of his fish and she seemed to really like it.  After our main courses, Juliet started to get restless while at the restaurant (it was close to her bedtime), so we got our desserts to go, and took her straight home and she easily went to bed.  Goodnight, Goobs.

Leo feeding Juliet some fish (without the batter).

I forgot to put this picture in yesterday's blog update. 
This is Juliet playing solo while visiting Sylwia and Gabriel last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment