Tuesday 10 January 2012

We got the beets!

As I mentioned in my last blog post, my friend Miwa came by last week and lent us the next shipment of baby clothes.  That meant that I needed to sort through Juliet's clothes again (I do this about every 3 months) to put away the ones that no longer fit.  Juliet liked playing in the piles of clothes - I'm pretty sure she has more pants than me and Leo combined (I'm not kidding).

On Monday, I joined a new neighbourhood mommy group.  I had to go line up early to make sure I got in (there were only 5 spots available).  It's different than my other mommy group because at this one the babies are in a room separate from the moms and are taken care of by caregivers while the moms (about 70 of them) have coffee/chit chat and then listen to a speaker. 

It was the first time I've ever left Juliet with a complete stranger and I have to admit I was a little uncomfortable with it.  It was only for 1.5 hours, though, and I figured it would be good practice for daycare (both for me and Juliet).  The funny thing is at one point I was in the mom room and I overheard one of the caregivers come in and was trying to find Juliet's mom - apparently she was being fussy.  So I left the room and nursed her and went back to the mom room...and then another caregiver came back 20 mins later and said she was being fussy again and asked whether she was hungry or whether they should try to put her to sleep.  I said to put her to sleep, so they did, and from that point things were fine and they thankfully didn't have to come get me again.

Today (Tuesday), I went to my other mommy group.  Today's speaker was a lady that owns her own organic baby food company and she gave us some samples.  When I got home I thought I'd see if Juliet would like any of the samples I brought home.  I wasn't too hopeful because she seems to be a bit picky but much to my surprise she loved the beets!  Actually, the food was a mixture of beets, apples, and flax seed - but anyhow, she took to it quite easily.  I think we're going to end up buying a bunch of this food because it seems good and they use interesting ingredients (example: some of their recipes include quinoa and chickpeas).  Of course, this food is more than 3 times the cost of the PC brand we've been feeding her the past couple of weeks.  Sigh.
Juliet looked like a little vampire after she finished eating the beets.  "I vant to suck your blood!"


No comments:

Post a Comment