Wednesday 25 January 2012

Stranger Danger

Remember I mentioned Juliet didn't do so well at her swimming lesson last week?  I thought it was because she was tired but wanted to be absolutely sure.  So on Sunday, grandma came over and Juliet had a good nap and then we took her swimming.  She did much better this time and loved the water again.  I was also able to move our weekly swimming lesson to a different day and an earlier time so hopefully that will work out better.

I took a couple of pictures when we went swimming and I just love how they turned out.  It was about 4pm and the sun was just setting, so the lighting was beautiful and warm.


On Monday we went to one of my mommy groups (the one where the babies are watched by caregivers) and Juliet did not do well at all.  I think she is at the exact age where separation anxiety becomes an issue.  The caregivers had to come get me because Juliet was crying and she didn't really calm down the entire time I was there.  I was a little pissed because the caregivers were like, "Oh, she's your first, isn't she?  Don't worry, you'll learn with the next one."  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...she just doesn't like strangers!

The rest of the day wasn't much better - Juliet had one of those days where she hardly napped and then got overtired.  I bought a travel stroller from someone in Oakville (via kijiji) so we combined that with a visit to grandpa and Aunt Shona.  Juliet was cranky and tired the whole day and I think her and I both were happy when the day was over with.  It was just one of those days.

Her fine motor skills are improving - here she is at grandpa's working on eating an Arrowroot cookie.  I wish I could eat cookies in the name of "learning"!

Before eating the cookie, Aunt Shona fed Juliet some sweet potatoes and peas which she clearly was excited about.
Today we went to a new activity - baby storytime at the library.  It was free so I was pretty pumped about that, but alas, you get what you pay for.  It wasn't that great.  Too many moms & babies (maybe about 25 of each) and the babies just aren't into sitting and listening to someone reading a book.  They also sang songs but they were pretty pedestrian songs (Wheels on the Bus, Old MacDonald).  I'm apparently a baby song snob, I know. 

Anyhow, later in the afternoon we had a playdate with another mom & baby girl that live about 4 houses down from us.  Again, the babies are really too young to play - they sort of just poked at each other's faces.  But it was great to have another little girl close by that is so close to Juliet's age.  Maybe someday they'll be BFFs!


1 comment:

  1. She really loved the water. It was fun playing in the water with Elise and Juliet. You can never start too soon when preparing for the Olympics!

    ReplyDelete