Friday 30 December 2011

That Girl is a Monster

Isn't it funny that in my last post my last words related to Juliet's two teeth and yet this evening I found another tooth has broken through.  So now she has three!  It's one of the top middle ones so I'm guessing the other top middle one isn't too far behind.  Juliet really hasn't been sleeping very well lately and today her cheeks were quite rosy so I'm hoping the new tooth is to blame.  If both top teeth come through and she still isn't sleeping well, then we'll have to look for other causes/solutions.

One thing that might make her sleep better is the introduction of more solid foods, but she (or, really, we as parents) isn't getting too far in that department.  I'm starting to get concerned since I return to work in 4 and a half months and Juliet is lucky if she gets a teaspoon or two of something other than breastmilk each day.  Part of it is laziness on my part - it's just more work to prepare solid foods - and part of it is that she doesn't seem all that interested.  Either way, though, Leo and I need to be a little more aggressive with it or else I'm going to have to sneak away from work 5 times a day and go to Juliet's daycare to go breastfeed her.  Which isn't actually possible.

What have we been up to lately?  Well, we returned from Oma's a couple of days ago and did some visiting with friends and family on the way back.  We visited with cousins Cindy, Scott, and their kids.  And then we visited Anjana and Bryce and their now 2-week old son, Nayan.  Juliet was well behaved for both visits and let people hold her without "making strange".
Smiling with Cindy.

"Look at me, I'm sitting all by myself in a chair!"

Juliet now looks like a monster next to bitesize Nayan.  Watch out, Nayan - she might try to eat you!

Since we've gotten home, we haven't done anything too exciting since the weather's been sort of iffy (freezing rain tonight).  We ventured out yesterday to buy a BBQ on sale at Zellers so that is quite exciting for me since I love BBQ food!  Now I just have to convince Leo to set it up in the middle of winter :)

No comments:

Post a Comment