Wednesday 13 July 2011

Take Your Baby to Work Day

Today I took Juliet to my work to meet some of my colleagues and she even attended her first meeting.  I work with 3 different departments, so Juliet had a lot of people to meet and of course she charmed everyone.  She was really good for the whole visit - a lot of people commented on how good and cute she was.  At one point in the visit she started to fuss in the stroller so I took her out and held her, and she promptly fell asleep in my arms.  Here is a picture from my tour through the Programming Department.

She was so well behaved at the office but when I got home she was cranky.  I tried the usual tactics to soothe her, but they weren't working very well.  When Leo got home, he tried his tactics and they weren't working either.  So we tried the technique from one of our books called "Happiest Baby on the Block". 

The book describes the 5 S's: Swaddling, Shushing, Side-lying, Swinging, and Sucking.  We didn't do all 5, but we did 3 of them - Swaddling, Shushing, and Swinging - and they totally worked.  It was like we turned on a switch and Juliet went right to sleep.  Not sure how it worked (it was kind of eerie how well it worked), but it did!

1 comment:

  1. This is a great picture of you Elise. I'm sure your colleagues thought Juliet was a great little baby and even though she started to act up after you got home, in the end, you figured out how to calm her. You guys are doing a great job... Love to you all!

    ReplyDelete