Monday 3 October 2011

Homecoming

We're all still so excited and thrilled about the house.  I honestly can't stop thinking about it.  Today we heard from our agent that the seller was willing to move up the close date, so we now take possession on November 21 as opposed to December 1, so that is good news.  It will mean that we won't be so rushed on move day and we may even get new carpets put into the house before we move in.  So exciting!

Anyhow, this weekend was a bit of a whirlwind.  It was homecoming weekend at the university that Leo and I both attended (Laurier) so we went to Waterloo to go to the football game and to a dinner.  It was cold out (sort of) so we bundled Juliet up in a snowsuit-type thing for the first time.  She slept for most of the game.  It was funny because it was our 10 year reunion so the school set up a tent at the football game for all the 10-year reunion people.  I have never seen so many babies in one place apart from some type of mom group activity.  I guess 10 years after you graduate is a popular time for having babies.
Asleep in Leo's arms at the game.

Leo and Juliet in the 10-year reunion tent with Rachel, Josh, and Ryan.  Rachel had a baby - Julian - in February and he slept most of the game, too.  Poor Rachel had mastitis (for the 3rd time - boo) and wasn't feeling well.  Luckily, I've been fortunate and haven't had any complications with breastfeeding Juliet so far.
During the evening, there was a dinner-dance and Leo and I had been fretting for weeks about what to do with Juliet while we were at the dinner.  Bottle feeding has so far been unsuccessful, so I was getting resigned to the fact that I wouldn't be able to go.  But grandma ended up offering to stay at a nearby B&B and take care of Juliet while we were at dinner and she would just call me whenever Juliet was hungry.  It ended up working out perfectly!  At least that part worked out perfectly - the dinner itself was super lame - it was like a bad wedding with speeches and mass produced food.  Oh well - at least it was a night out and we got to get dressed up.
Juliet sleeping while hanging at the B&B with grandma.
Leo and I got all dressed up for the lame dinner.
We slept over at our friends' Anjana and Bryce's and on Sunday morning, they made a lovely brunch.  Seriously, the pancakes were out of this world - they used a recipe that included oatmeal.  Anjana is going to send the recipe to me, so I'll post it here when she does.
The brunch spread at Anjana & Bryces - pancakes, cookies, fruit, bacon & sausages.  They completely spoil us whenever we visit.
Juliet seems to like standing up.
Smilin' with dad.

After coming home from Waterloo, we pretty much had to pack up again, since Leo is in London (England) for the week and so I'm staying at my mom's while he's gone.  Today while I was at my mom's I took Juliet out for a long walk and snapped a cute picture with her wearing that rainbow hat again.  So cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment